Alexis Grant is a successful freelance writer. Despite an established career as a reporter for the Houston Chronicle, she made the somewhat unusual move of quitting her job in journalism to become a full-time online freelance writer. Amongst other roles she is the editor of Brazen Careerist Blog.
In this interview we talk about many different facets of freelance writing as well as her role as an editor. Whether or not you have ambitions to become an editor yourself, Alexis has some really great tips for any freelance writer. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll learn by watching the above interview:
- Why journalistic qualifications can be a detriment to you as a blogger
- Why you should search out free blogging opportunities and how that can boost your business
- The key to avoid burning out as a freelance writer
- What a blog editor does
- What makes blog editing so much fun and rewarding
- How to land a position as a blog editor (hint: it’s not job boards!)
- The power of networking for freelance writers
- Why you need to be more than just a writer to be a successful freelance writer