Membership sites can be hugely lucrative. However, bridging the gap from freelance writer to membership site webmaster can seem like rather a daunting move.
In this interview Ali Luke explains how she leveraged her freelance writing skills to create her own successful membership site. We also discuss the respective pros and cons of information products and membership sites. Finally, Ali gives us some invaluable tips on how her freelance writing business started and developed. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll learn by watching the above interview:
- How guest posting can lead to freelancing gigs — even if you’re not experienced.
- Why you can probably start branching out sooner than you think
- Why membership sites can be considered a better business model than information products
- …but how information products can be a good stepping stone to a membership site
- Why creating an information product is a less daunting task than creating a membership site
- How giving away free memberships can boost your income overall
- Why you should start simple and build over time
- One key thing to take into consideration when setting your fee
- How to get inspiration for content for your site
- What kind of expenses you can expect when running a membership site
- How much time it takes to run a membership site
- The pros and cons of setting goals for your membership site
- What non-freelancing skills are necessary to create your first membership site
- Why a membership site forum doesn’t have to be a huge time suck
- The prerequisites for a membership site
- The one vital ingredient necessary for launching a successful membership site