One of the most effective ways in which you can develop a highly successful freelance writing business is to offer a unique selling point. If you can provide a type of service that is both rare and in enough demand, you will be able to charge higher rates and pick and choose your clients.
In this interview I speak with Siobhan McKeown, who has done exactly that. She started off as a “normal” freelance writer but made her move into a branded business when she spotted a gap in the market. We discuss freelance writing in general along with tips for carving out your own niche. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll learn by watching the above interview:
- How humble freelance beginnings can in time grow into something much bigger.
- How to avoid making freelance writing “just another job”.
- One easy step you can take to assess if your business is viable.
- How carving out your own niche can result in drastically increased rates.
- One great old school tip for finding more clients in your industry.
- Why exposure to your industry is so important to the success of your business.