Your freelance job prospects can at times appear bleak. Trying to find work can be frustrating because it is not always clear what goes on in the heads of potential clients.
In this interview Ruben Gamez — the founder of a web-based proposal tool for freelancers, consultants, and agencies called Bidsketch — explains his perspective as an entrepreneur looking to hire freelance bloggers to help his business. He explains his early frustrations with trying to find writers and reveals the approach that eventually worked for him. We also discuss what factors he considers when hiring (and firing) freelance writers.
Here’s what you’ll learn by watching the above interview:
- How big results on your blog can boost your freelancing prospects
- Why referrals can be a key source of your work
- Why you should always keep your clients’ bottom line in mind, and how that can help you serve them
- The benefits that an email list holds for you
- The importance of remaining reliable
- Why proofreading is critical
- How taking initiative can elevate your status as a writer
- Why you need to deliver results and build visibility