The geography of the web is ever-changing, but that’s not necessarily a problem if you can adapt. Freelancers who have the savvy to snag jobs and the flexibility to do them well will have a much higher chance of success than those who simply float along.
Nathan Weller describes himself as a “storyteller” and believes that the word can encompass copywriting, blogging, and more. In this interview he details his experiences as a blogger and freelance writer, from his early gigs to his current success. We talk about the importance of learning new things and discuss the power of storytelling in blogs.
Here’s what you’ll learn by watching the above interview:
- Why holding different jobs might bolster your writing skills
- How writing for free can help you get your foot in the door for paying gigs
- Why you should be constantly learning
- The importance of developing a voice
- Why your ability to adapt could be more important than your knowledge
- Why you should do your best to develop unique skills
- How blogging consistently for a site boost your credibility
- The benefit to your bottom line of doing promotional work
- Why working for businesses with blogs can be more stable than working for people who just run blogs
- How the lens of “storytelling” can help your writing
- Why knowledge of other mediums can prepare you for an exciting future
- Why blogging is the easiest way to start a new business